Monday, November 15, 2010

Parachute

Last week I saw Parachute at Stubb's in Austin. This was my third Parachute concert, but it was the first time I've seen them headline. (They opened for both Secondhand Serenade and Kelly Clarkson last year.)
Parachute played all of the fan favorites from their first album, "Losing Sleep", as well as some new songs from their upcoming album. The guys were in the studio all summer working on their second album. Now that the tour has wrapped up, they're putting the finishing touches on it and should announce a release date soon.

Until then, here are some new songs Parachute performed last week from the upcoming album.





Parchute was amazing. I would like to say this was my favorite show, but they have been fantastic every time I've seen them live. They never disappoint. It has been incredible to watch them grow in fame and talent over the past year. I was grinning ear to ear the whole show, but I must say my highlight of the evening was when frontman Will Anderson jumped off the stage and danced between my friend and me. Cue fan-girl freak-out.

Brendan James and Hot Chelle Rae opened the show. I was less than impressed by Hot Chelle Rae. They're pretty much just a typical pop-punk band with mediocre lyrics and annoying guitar riffs. Brendan James, however, is the new love of my life. He's charming, honest, and oh-so-talented. I bought his album after the show, so I'll be posting an album review soon!

For more Parachute videos from past shows, check out my Parachute page on my YouTube channel.

No comments:

Post a Comment