Thursday, December 23, 2010

Paramore Split

I don't know how I missed this, but The Tennessean revealed this week that Zac Farro and Josh Farro, founding members of Franklin, Tenn. band Paramore, have officially split from frontwoman Hayley Williams and the two other band members.

Josh and Zac posted a statement on Josh's blog and they posted a video on YouTube, but it has since been taken down. Josh promises to repost it soon on his blog.


Hayley, Jeremy and Taylor will continue on as Paramore. They also released an announcement on their band blog.

There seems to be so much conflict and debate surrounding this split. The Farro brothers gave ample notice of their decision to leave the band, but apparently Hayley has called Josh's blog post a fake, saying that they would never release official information in a personal blog. However, Josh and Zac aren't in the band anymore, so all they have left is this personal blog. Josh's wife, Jenna, also posted on her blog regarding the split, verifying that Josh's blog is no fake.

I don't know what was in that video that is causing so much trouble, but I think it shows major class to be real and honest with their fans about everything that has happened.
This is such a sad day for me. Paramore has been one of my favorite bands for five or six years now. I've seen them in concert four times, and I'm so glad I saw them on this past tour. One last time. I will continue to support them all in their new ventures.

UPDATE: Josh reposted the video on his blog. It's simply him stating that he and Zac did write the previous blog.

No comments:

Post a Comment