Sunday, March 21, 2010

Kris Allen and OneRepublic

On Friday I went to see Kris Allen and OneRepublic at Six Flags Fiesta Texas in San Antonio. We waited in line for four hours to get third row seats, and it was completely worth it. We got to hear Kris Allen's soundcheck. He sang a couple songs that he didn't perform at the concert including "Come Together" and "Red Guitar."

Kris Allen was amazing. My roommate and I were dancing and singing along the whole time. He performed several songs that he sang on American Idol last season including "Let It Be" and "Falling Slowly."

Kris opened with a mashup of "Heartless" and "Gangsta's Paradise." Video recording was not permitted at our concert, but you can watch an acoustic performance of this mashup here.

Kris also performed several songs from his debut album including "Can't Stay Away" and "Is It Over." During "Alright With Me," Kris brought a bunch of girls on the stage to dance and sing along. My roommate and I were really disappointed because they just stood there and most of them didn't even know the words to the song (even though they were all wearing homemade "I <3 Kris Allen" t-shirts). Finally, Kris closed with his first single, "Live Like We're Dying."

OneRepublic was also fantastic. I haven't bought their new album yet, but after seeing them live, I'm determined to get it as soon as possible. OneRepublic played a variety of songs from both of their albums. Of course they played their big hits, "Apologize" and "Stop and Stare." They also played "Tyrant" and their third single "Say (All I Need)" from their debut album, Dreaming Out Loud.

OneRepublic's newest album, Waking Up, released back in November. They've brought a whole new sound to this album. I was glad to get a real taste of it at the concert. They played six songs off of their new album, including their new single, "All the Right Moves."

This was one of the best concerts I've attended. Both Kris Allen and OneRepublic are extremely talented and entertaining live performers. Be sure to support these incredible artists and pick up their albums on iTunes.

No comments:

Post a Comment